Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Facebook and Other Things

Hey, everybody. First off, an apology. I have begun to think in the form of a Facebook status update. You know, 'is doing nothing', 'wishes to go somewhere'? So if any of my sentences begin with verbs, forgive me. It just might be involuntary.
And speaking of facebook, I'm a little creeped out at the moment. You see, there's this stupid application called 'Friend Quiz' where you answer random questions about your friends. Well, this morning I got a notification that somebody had answered a question about me. I jumped through the hoops to see who it was, and lo and behold, there's my old friend Jonathon. The question was 'Would Ella make a good spouse?'. He said yes. Eeeww! Now see, you have to understand that Jonathon and I have some, how you say?, history. He had a major crush on me when we were kids, then he moved far far away. So I never have to see him anymore, but it's still creepy. Moving on!
The next couple of weeks are going to be wild. But I suppose I'd best start in the past before moving on to the future. Saturday night Joy and Haley spent the night. We had a grand old time. We played Apples to Apples, ate popcorn, watched Meet the Robinsons, and stayed up 'til 2:30 in the morning. Sunday morning we got up at like seven o'clock to go to church. Worship was great, no thanks to...well, never mind. We could've used more practice, that's all. Sunday afternoon was quiet. 
Yesterday was my first full day of school, with all of my school books. I had been working steadily long before that, but yesterday was the first time with all of my curriculum. So needless to say, it was a long day. I spent the whole day looking forward to band practice, and then they cancelled it. If I wasn't used to it by now, I would've been mad. I made up for it though. Last night Andrew randomly asked me to watch a movie with him. So we watched Lion King. Then we played Battleship. We had chinese food for dinner, then finished the day with Mom reading to us kids. So it was a nice evening anyway. I love my family!
Yay!! Now the past has caught up with the future! My daddy's leaving early Thursday morning for Ohio. His grandmother passed away last Thursday, and he needs to get up there for the funeral. Spring and I keep on saying how much we both wish that I could go with him, but it just isn't going to work. 
Dad will get home some time Friday, then Saturday morning we're taking off for the mountains. We're headed out for a week-long family do-nothing vacation. And guess what? What's that? You don't know? Okay, I'll tell you. Mom and Dad let me invite Joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so so so excited. Of course, we're still waiting on an answer from her parents, but it's looking hopeful if I do say so myself. Yaaaaay!!! Oh my gosh, it would be so much fun! And we would even have a whole apartment in the condo to ourselves! Wow. So you can imagine how much I'm waiting to hear from her. 
I think that's pretty much everything that's going on. You guys have a great day!

1 comment: