Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Past Few Days

Hey, everybody! It's been a hectic few days. I think my last post was Saturday morning before the Bee. It feels like it's been forever since then, but I guess that's just because so much has happened since. 
Saturday went well...I think. I know that I did not totally fail. I felt okay about it. But I don't think I made nationals. I'll know Friday. I don't know at this point if I'd be thrilled or horrified. If I made it, that's a chance at 100,000 dollars. But it also means that the next two months of my life are entirely devoted to studying. I'm kind of happy to have my life back, but I don't know if I like the idea of not being good enough for nationals. So I'll let you know how I feel when I let you know how I did. I guess for now it's all in God's hands. 
Sunday was fabulous. Church went well...as usual. Nothing majorly out of the ordinary. Sunday afternoon was a little rushed. Me and Mom spent the whole afternoon in the kitchen making food for Sunday night. Sunday night was (cue drumroll) The Dedication Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so beyond incredible. There must've been like 300-some people there. The atmosphere was amazing. It was like a holiday or a celebration. Our mother church was there, along with another church from the area (the one who's building we met in for about four years). The band did great. Worship was wonderful. It felt more like a concert than church, and I had a great vantage point from the stage. Watching that many people...it was amazing. Our special music songs (Revelation Song, In the Air Tonight, and Where the Streets Have No Name) went well to. I was glad for the musicians, because I know that alot of them were nervous. They did wonderfully. Afterward there was food. Kind of like a potluck meal. A bunch of people from our church brought food, and everybody made a plate and went to the gymatorium to eat. The line for food was HUGE!! Me, Haley, Joy, Brandon, and Stephen's little sis Corine (temporary name. I'll find a better one.) were all hanging out together, waiting in line. We were very hyper, giddy almost. It was fun. I don't really know what came over us, but it was fun.
Afterwards we had some fun drama. Somebody sent somebody to send somebody to tell Corine that he likes her. She (being a good bit younger than me) reminded me a good bit of myself at her age in the whole thing. She freaked out. She was walking around in circles, acting like she was going to puke, sliding down the wall, half-crying on my shoulder. It was great. Me and Joy just kept on telling her, "It's gonna be okay." It was funny. After she had started feeling a bit better about the whole thing, she got really, REALLY, hyper. Her brother definitely noticed, and (not knowing about the whole 'that-person-likes-you-situation') blamed it on the fact that she needed sleep. I laughed and said, "Oh yeah, that's it." He was in for a rude awakening. 
Anyway, Sunday was a success from beginning to end. Monday morning, I flew out of bed, packed a bag, got ready (kind of) and was out the door by 10:00. We spent Monday and Tuesday in Colonial Williamsburg, came back Tuesday evening. It was a marvelous time, and I feel like I learned alot. Very interesting place, you should visit it if you ever get the chance. 
Then today was fairly uneventful. I spent this morning far, far away from reality. I've been so busy lately, I forgot how delightful it is to escape your world and stop thinking by reading a book. I didn't have a self-related thought for hours. Then I cleaned my room, worked a little on my Nanowrimo story, and planned on getting ready for Bible study. But then Mom informed me that I was staying home to watch Andrew (who has a stomach bug). I was really bummed, 'cause in youth tonight we were supposed to resume a really fun debate that I've been preparing for since May. They actually wound up canceling Bible study altogether, 'cause there's a lot of sick families in the church and we wanted to prevent it from spreading further. 
Well, that just about catches the past up with the present. Right now I'm just hanging out at home. 
Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment