Monday, June 8, 2009

Hey, everybody. I was just caught by the unconquerable urge to blog. I suppose that it's just because this is such an awesome moment. Actually, an awesome evening. Again, Aunt Becky and Uncle Jared are over. I'm at the desk, which is across from the dining room table, where they are playing a game of spades. Nobody else would get why that is so important to me. I guess that to understand, I have to take you back into my childhood. Back when they lived in the states, every single New Years Eve, and several nights during the year, Aunt Becky and Uncle Jared would come over to play spades with Mom and Dad. As we speak, the sound of it is transporting me back to when I was eight. I would sit next to Aunt Becky and listen, and watch. Sometimes, if I caught her in a really good mood, she would read Dr. Suess's Fox In Sox to me in between turns. 
Oh, I need to stop before I start crying.
Now, though, the only thing that's different is that my little siblings are awake (which they rarely where back then), and that little Cara Grace is with them. They're all in the next room watching 'King George and His Ducky' - a very silly VeggieTale, and a personal favorite of mine.
Well, I suppose I'll sign off for the night. But before I go, I submit to you a question: do you have any treasured family memories? Is there anything you'd like to share?
Everyone sleep well. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment