Monday, June 22, 2009

Okay, I promised I'd tell you how the concert went, so I will. I don't want to, but I will.
You can call me picky or hard to please, but it was awful. I felt so sorry for the band, the actual Newsboys. It was more of a Newsboys/DC Talk merger than a Newsboys concert. They did almost as much old DC Talk stuff as they did Newsboys. And Michael screwed up the lyrics to half the Newsboys stuff they actually did. 
But the worst part by far was Michael's behavior. He sat down on the stage. He crawled on the stage. He laid down on the stage. It was icky. My heart goes out to Jeff Frankenstein, Duncan Phillips, and Jody Davis, the real Newsboys.
The highlight of the night for me was the fact that Mr. Tait's microphone still had Peter's name on it. It was great.
All that being said, I have found two great new bands to like. KJ-52 and DecembeRadio were there last night, and they both put on a really good show. I enjoyed them immensely.
Our group was right next to the stage. And I mean right next to the stage. Close enough that if there had been somebody that I cared about enough to want to touch, I could've touched them.
The one time I tried to get somebody to touch my hand, some kid knocked into me, and knocked me into the guy in front of me, and I missed the moment. It stank. 
The youth trip yesterday was one of the weirdest I'd ever been on. Even the ride up there was weird. Joy's brother Cal rode in the trunk the whole way. We dubbed him 'Trunk Monkey'. The other people at the concert were weird. The time we spent in the park was weird. Our 'tram hostess' (that is, the person who talked to us while we were riding the tram from the park to our obscure parking spot in the 'Scotland Parking Lot') was the weirdest of all. She kept singing to us, and getting us to sing. The song went something like, "We're riding on the tram, we're riding on the tram, and we're eating Virginia Ham, and we've got some candied yams, we're riding on the tram." Yeah. Weird.
The ride home was the weirdest part of all. We were about half an hour away from being home, and suddenly, we hear this 'thump-thump-thump' noise, feel the car bouncing, and smell the distinct smell of burning rubber. Yes my friends, we had a flat tire. And get this. We had a spare tire, but not the tool to take the old tire off. How dumb is that? 
Pastor Jon showed up to help, followed by a random nice guy from Michigan, and my Dad. My hero! He picked up me and all of my friends and drove them back to the church so that they could get home. 
We found the answer to the question, "How many people does it take to change a tire?" 
It takes five girls supervising, two pastors, two guitarists, and a random nice guy from Michigan. 
Well, friends, I have to go. Mom is getting a little aggravated. I have chores to do. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment