Monday, June 1, 2009

Hello, all. Happy Summer Vacation!!! Or, at least, it is for me. I don't know about you. I know some people get out later than I do. 
It has been an eventful few days. Aunt Becky and Uncle Jared came in on Thursday. It has been so wonderful to spend time with them. Three whole years it's been since i saw them. Their baby girl Cara is four years old. She's the most precious, adorable thing you've ever seen. Her laugh just melts my heart. I love her to death. I'll post a pic. 
I love spending time with my little cousins. Yesterday, all of us were at my grandmother's house. And I mean ALL of us. I guess a little family-tree-info would be helpful to you all. 
My paternal grandparents, we call 'em Nana and Papaw, have three children. Their oldest is my dad, then Aunt Becky, then Uncle Andy, who has recently separated from his wife. He has two children, six-year-old Hailey and four-year-old Calvin. And all of us were in Nana and Papaw's little house. The kids swam in their little blow-up-pool for most of the day. 
Today marked the beginning of my and Andrew's first annual Monopoly Tournament. It's going to be a week-long game of Monopoly, with some rather high stakes if I do say so myself. If he wins, I have to make him whatever dessert he wants for two weeks. If I win, he has to read any two books of my choosing. Which doesn't sound like it would be something I would want very badly, but believe me, it is. He's so closed-minded when it comes to books. It would be my opportunity to force him to broaden his horizens. I'm thinking The Comet's Curse by Dom Testa and Artemis Fowl:The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer. 
Well, I had better sign off for now. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment