Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Bonfire and other things.

So last night was the big bonfire. Sadly bonfire-less. There was too much wind for an actual fire. The best we had was a grill for burn-I mean cooking hot dogs. Some people just shouldn't grill. 
Attendance was pathetic. For all of our work (passing out flyers in neighborhoods, plus having agents in all the area schools) we had five people show up who weren't members of the youth group. Four if you don't count Erica. Ha, we even did our skit, for a group of fifteen or twenty people. A bonfire without a fire and a community outreach event without the community. Pathetic.
That being said, we did have an awesome time of fellowship. I played my first game of volleyball, which was hilarious. I really hate balls. I did find a new respect for Stephen, and a new dislike for Aaron. Which was good. Oh, the things you learn, besides volleyball, on the volleyball court. Similar phenomena take place in the swimming pool. There's something about being a totally integrated part of a group, and not really knowing any of them. They accepted me so fast, and forget how short a time I've known them. Which is awesome. I've become more a member of this group in six months than I did at my old one in two years. This makes getting to know this group interesting. I'm at an advantage, because I get to figure out their personalities when they're already totally comfortable around me. People keep on surprising me, because they just won't stay in the stereotype box I put them in. I guess that's bad, but I enjoy trying to 'peg' people. Just when I think I have somebody all figured out, they go and surprise me.  It's been fun, though. I keep on finding 'attitudenal problems' as my friend Marie would put it. Hey, I guess all people have their quirks. It's funny, it crossed my mind that maybe, just maybe, this was the perfect church. Which is dumb, because no church is perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment