Friday, November 13, 2009

Howdy, folks. Again, I'm am way sorry for not getting to my blog in so incredibly long. Have you ever attempted NaNoWriMo? And I mean attempted. I am, as we speak, procrastinating horribly, and am two-and-a-half days behind. Also, please forgive me if this post is needlessly wordy (i.e. too many adjectives, not enough contractions), as it has become almost-second-nature to squeeze as many words as possible out of everything I have to say. But it's working. My current word count is 18,364 words. I'm consoling myself for the fact that I'm behind by telling myself that I'm a couple hundred ahead of Chris Baty, the founder of NaNoWriMo. Cold comfort, but it's all I've got.
I still have a lot to do. So this won't be a long post. Once I get caught up, or rather, slightly closer to caught up than I am now, I will be cleaning my room and bathroom in preparation for Joy coming tomorrow. She'll be spending the day here tomorrow, so we can get everything done that we need to get done. We have to talk about the youth group Christmas party secret santa, which we will be taking control of. We are comparing notes on next year's Bible Bee, which we are getting an early start on. We will be practising for our Christmas dance. What? Did I hear someone ask 'What Christmas dance?'. Well, I'm very glad you did, because now I get to tell you! :) My bff in the whole world Joy and I are doing a dance together at the church Christmas Eve service. See, I've been doing worship dance for as long as I can remember, or possibly longer, but when we started coming to AHBC, I kind of just stopped. We didn't have a dance group, and I just haven't been comfortable with the idea of doing a solo dance. Well, I finally decided that I was, and decided to approach the pastor about doing one around Christmas time. I made this decision right around the time another lady in the church started talking about starting a dance group. So me and Joy did a lot of talking about dance. She hasn't done any dancing in a long time, and was unsure about joining the group. Together (I actually don't remember whose idea it was to start with), we decided to give it a shot together before the group actually started. So now we're working on a dance to 'Breath of Heaven' for Christmas Eve! I'm so excited!!!!!
Okay, so, where was I? Oh, yeah, tomorrow. Umm, other than that, we have to work on ideas for Sunday afternoon. We've been asked to watch/entertain kids during the 'Discovering Abundant Hope' class for new members. So we need to work out what we're actually going to do.
Ugh. I don't think I'm ever going to get this song out of my head. I have a new favorite in the whole entire world. So I Thought by Flyleaf. I'm not usually into that kind of music. Still not, actually. It's a funny story. See, my NaNoWriMo project is kind of a serious...somber...sad...something-er-other kind of thing. Not happy, really. But the only music on my iPod was happy-hyper stuff. It wasn't working for me. So I asked Andrew, who is into that kind of music, "What do you have that's loud, obnoxious, and dark." and gave him free reign of my iPod. I now have Flyleaf, Fireflight, and Skillet. Ugh. But some of the Flyleaf stuff isn't so bad, and maybe after this month is over, I'll be able to sit at a Skillet concert without being in obvious pain. Maybe. Which would be good, since I'm pretty much the only one in youth group who isn't an avid Skillet fan.
Okey-dokey, everybody. I need to be off. I have to update my other blog, I have several thousand more words to write for my novel, and then there's all those stupid chores. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment