Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Again?

Good evening, everybody. Happy Monday. Blah.
Today was relatively okay. The early morning was rough. I woke up to my cat knocking all the stuff off of my bookcase again. There are earrings all over the floor in my room. It was 6:30. I was mad. I scooped him up, carried him downstairs, and locked him in the kitchen before heading back to bed. Well, I decided to...erm...powder my nose first. And then I go to wash my hands, flip the faucet, and nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. No water. My brain shut off. I woke my mom up to tell her about the dilemma, then put my butt back in bed to make the world go away. I went back to sleep, and was launched immediately into a nightmare that had something vaguely to do with being physically ill for psychological reasons, and not being able to figure out why.
And then I woke up. And heard Christmas carols drifting into my bedroom from the kitchen downstairs. When your day officially starts with an instrumental Silver Bells, how can you not have a great day? So I go downstairs and find Mom washing dishes by boiling water on the stove and listening to really loud Christmas music. And I eat breakfast (a bowl of rice krispies), and help with the dishes, and I'm happy.
Then Mom dropped me off at Grandma's to do some laundry (as, obviously, there was no washing clothes at home), and heads off to the church for meetings and stuff.
I was there through lunch time, and therefore made do with a box of raisons, an oatmeal creme pie, and a pack of those pringles stix things.
There was nobody there, so the house was utterly silent, and there was no wireless internet to distract, so I plopped down in a recliner with my laptop and turned out something close to three thousand words.
Then Mom came and got me, and let me drive part of the way home, and everything was okay.
This evening was all right. Me and Anne have kind of been butting heads, but everything's still okay. Because God is good, and He knows just how to get me through anything.
Take yesterday for example. I have no clue how any of us survived yesterday, except that God had an extra reserve of strength and grace lying around that He dumped out on us VERY generously. Because boy oh boy did The Enemy want to mess with us yesterday. Okay, so our worship leader and his family was out of town. Back up worship leader's baby daughter was sick. So my dad is leading worship. My dad has a cold. I'm unsure of how everything happened, but somehow it was decided for Stephen's mom to help out with worship. She plays the guitar, and has a gorgeous voice.
So we get to church, and start practice. Joy's brother is, of course, running late. And then Mom comes walking into the sanctuary, looking frantic. She motions for me to come down off the stage. She told me that Andrew was sick, like horrible stomach cramps, running fever sick. She was going to take him home. She told me to tell my dad, and to let him know that he has Anne and Riley.
So I get back up on the stage and finish the song. It ends, and I was about to get around to talking to Dad, when someone walked up to the stage and told us that she had talked to my mom in the parking lot, and that she was taking Andrew to the hospital.
Well, my dad sort of freaked out, and I was dead certain that we were dealing with spiritual warfare of some sort. Ms. Diane, Stephen's mom, suggests that we stop and pray right then and there. So we did, then dad went out to call mom. He wasn't off the stage a minute when Stephen's dad, Mike, tells Ms. Diane that if my dad leaves (like to go be with mom and Andy), it would be up to her to lead worship. So now she's freaking out too, but we start practicing again. She did awesome, but I could tell that she was elated when my dad walked back onto the stage. He had no intention of leaving. So we finish practice, or almost finish, and then Pastor Jon comes up, tapping his watch. We were running late. So we head to the Pastor's office for our usual prayer time. We got through that, and through worship, okay. Then me and Joy split up to help with different Sunday school classes (I wound up assisting Ms. Diane, who was filling in for the usual 1st-and-2nd grade teacher that day.)
It felt like maybe five minutes before Mr. Mike poked his head in the door and told us that we needed to head back to the sanctuary for the closing song, the altar call.
And if things hadn't been crazy enough already, they definitely were then. It was wild. Hearts were changed, and the Holy Spirit was moving. We look over, and Haley is crying. After the song ends, we grabbed her, spirited her away to a back closet, and pray. She's just going through some junk right now, and that was exactly what she needed.
Then dad and Riley left to do some church work somewhere else, and Anne left with a friend to go to a birthday party. The six of us were split in four different directions. Ugh, I hate it when that happens. I stayed at church all afternoon.
After church, Joy and I babysat a handful of kids while their parents were doing the new member's class. Compared to the morning, that was uneventful.
And then it's over. And I'm absolutely drained. Whether it was the babysitting, or the spiritual warfare, or the fact that I was doing all of that on just a couple hours of sleep, I was utterly beat. We got home, and I collapsed on the couch.
I drove a good bit of the way home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did the same thing today. I adore driving, and I can't wait 'til I'm completely mobile, like on my own. Just nine months!! :)
Well, folks, sorry for the super-long post. Have a great day! Talk to ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment