Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wow. It's been a while, huh? I apologize for my extended silence. Life's been a little hectic. NaNoWriMo's here. That's pretty much all I get done these days. But I'll fill you in on what's happened since my last post.
Friday was EIGHTIES NIGHT!!! We had a ton of fun. The costumes were awesome, I'll post a pic. We played eighties trivia and pictionary, ate food, and hung out. It was a great time. Other than the fact that Josh had a chip on his shoulder. I don't know what's up with him. He's just kind of had an attitude here lately.
Halloween itself was interesting. Fun. Awesome. Of course, Halloween around here is usually a little anticlimactic. There's nowhere to trick-or-treat. Not that I'd be doing much of that. 15+trick-or-treating=bad idea. And slightly creepy. But I'd love to take the kids around. They've kind of gotten jipped. I lived in the city for the first part of my life and did my fair share of it, but now we're out in the country, and none of the kids have gotten their turn. But this year was the best one in a while. Both Andrew and Riley had birthday parties to go to early in the day. Then Anne's best friend came over, and we all went to the Harvest Party at a nearby church. There we met up with Joy and her family, along with a whole bunch of other folks from our church, and from my old church. It was kind of odd. Over two-thousand people there, and it seemed like I knew every other one in some way or another.
Afterward, Joy came home with us and stayed the night, and Anne's little friend stayed over too. We watched Monster House together, and consumed ridiculous amounts of candy. And we had the most EPIC candy fight. We were sitting on the couch, the four of us. The kids had spread all their candy-winnings from the evening out on the couch, so we were sitting on candy. And we just randomly started throwing it at each other. It was awesome.
The next day was insane. First we had church, duh. Then all of us, including Joy, went to my Nana's house for my little cousin's birthday. That was an awesome time. Afterward, Mom dropped me and Joy off at the home of a friend from church, where we got started on our NANOWRIMO PROJECTS!!!! Lol, it's so crazy. I can't believe it's November already. Just to let you know, I'm probably not going to be blogging much this month.
Since the weekend, I haven't done much besides write. Until today, I was about a day and a half ahead. Then I decided to take today off. So tomorrow I have to get back ahead.
OH MY GOSH I TOTALLY FORGOT!!! I GOT MY LEARNER'S PERMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How crazy is that? I myself can't believe it. I swear, the folks at the DMV must have been trained not to smile. They're so darn grumpy. There I am, this little teenager getting her learner's permit, excited and nervous as can be. And when I get nervous, it's my instinctive reaction to smile. So there I am smiling at everybody like an idiot, bouncing up and down just a little bit. And not one of them smiles at me back. I mean, forgive me, but I thought that it was common decency to return someone's smile. Whatever. At least I got it.
I feel kinda bad though. So last night was youth group, right? Well, I got my permit yesterday. And it was definitely a God-thing. I couldn't have done it alone. So I felt obliged to make a praise report about it in youth group. Well, wouldn't you know it, before I could open my mouth, Stephen says, "I passed driver's ed with a 95!"
Well, he still doesn't have his permit. I probably should've given it up, but I went ahead and asked Joy what she thought. Would it be ick to still give my praise?
She said it wouldn't, so I went ahead and made my report. I felt really bad, though. Almost like I was one-up-ing him. And guys hate that. Oh well. Today I got my H1N1 vaccine. Ugh. For one thing, I hate needles. Absolutely detest them. And it hit me. I'm in the middle of my greatest nightmare. See, I am absolutely and completely petrified of epidemic/pandemic illness. It is my biggest fear. And here we are dealing with a GLOBAL PANDEMIC!! I'm still not sure that I can deal with that. I'm working on it. Ugh.
Tomorrow I'm baking all day. We need cookies and brownies for Saturday. Saturday is the Fall Fest at church, which we're all really really really really excited about. I get to paint faces with Joy again. Some of the other youth kids are gonna help to. It's gonna be fantastic.
Well, that's about it. I'll probably be back on soon. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment