Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Stuff

...for all that I'm not a huuuge Francesca Battistelli fan, if you've heard her new song the stuff, you might have an idea of how life is for Ella right now. If you haven't heard it, check it out here. And now, you get it. :D "Might not be what I would choose, but this is the stuff you use."
Okay, so it's not all that bad. But it's . . . something.
So saturday was the church giveaway, which wasn't such a big deal, aside from being at the church at eight in the morning. On a Saturday. An hour before I'd like to be up, at least. But I'm just whining. Then thrift storing for skirts for the Easter dance. Which is on Easter. Which is THIS Sunday. With Mom and Joy. And like, none of the people we were shopping for were able to go shopping with us, so it was all up to us. Which, as irritating as that sounds, was really a good thing, because when we all go shopping together, we fight, throw tantrums, and act like divas. :/
Then came home and planned for the DANCE CAMP. Which, we're actually going. The pastor approved the idea of me and Joy leading it, so we had a sit down and worked out a schedule that didn't require us to clone ourselves. We don't get to eat lunch, but we'll get everything done.
Sunday was church, which was kind of . . . not good. You know how sometimes the vibe is just different? Well, it was one of those days. I thought, between all of us girls, somebody was gonna die. But, I did turn in Compassion money to the lady whose bank account we're using for it, and only had to loan it three dollars of my own money besides my personal contribution to the fund to do it. Then church got out, one of the dance group girl's mom pulled me aside and got on me for not giving her enough information early enough. One of my friends pulled me aside AGAIN to ask me a question that was ABSOLUTELY not a major deal, and between it all, we didn't get the prayer time we really needed.
Sunday night would've been great, except for this one little kid who is driving me nutty. She's two. Terrible, terrible two.
Came home, slept, was woken up at quarter-to-eight by Corinne, texting to ask me if I was coming to Otherband practice today. I wanted to. I asked Mom. She said no, I had to do school, and my priorities were mixed up, because school should come first. We fought, blah, blah, blah.
Couldn't find my STUPID!!! Rosetta Stone headset, so it took me about an hour to get started in French, which I haven't done all year. Corinne called and said that the skirt I bought her makes her look like a "prairie girl." A.) I have no clue what that means. B.) It's just gonna have to be good enough. C.) If anybody else gives me bad new today, I JUST MIGHT SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday is a youth event. Which makes the dance girls coming over to tie-dye a shirt to wear in the dance extremely difficult, because the event runs 'til one in the morning. So, if we pull it off, everybody comes back to my house, we get up at an ungodly hour the next morning, tie-dye, skitter to the church for "practice" for the kids Easter program, where everybody's parents will pick them up. Come home, eventually untie and wash tie-dyes, bring them to the SUNRISE service the next morning, give them to their recipients. Who will change into them in the fifteen minutes we'll have to get ready for our dance. Somebody's is bound to not fit, and somebody is bound to hate theirs.
Then go to my cousins after church for the annual Easter Egg Hunt, which got old about six years ago, and is always awkward.
And on top of everything, there's this one stupid idiot. Who keeps popping up in my head, doing stupid things, breaking my concentration, and bringing me down.
Somewhere in all of this, I have to find time to send out MORE support letters for Dallas, hope to dear-merciful-heavens I get donations by the due-date of MAY SECOND, pick songs for dance camp, write a Bible study for dance camp, and try like anything not to kill anybody.
THIS IS THE STUFF THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY, THIS IS THE STUFF, SOMEONE SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment