Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Really?

Because that's what I'm saying to my life right now. Really? I mean, really?
Dallas. That one word can mostly sum up what's going on in my head. Well, that plus another couple, but more on that later. This summer, I'm (HOPEFULLY!!!!!) going on a two-week missions trip. To Dallas Texas. Now, not only is Dallas the furthest from home I've EVER been, it'll also be the longest amount of time I've been away from my family. I'm seventeen, so you wouldn't think that'd be too terribly big a deal, but, well, it is.
But I'm So Incredibly Excited. I don't think I've been more than an hour without thinking about it since I decided to go. At Acquire the Fire (whoops, kinda skipped that part. Again, more later), they introduced us to this group called Global Expeditions. They're mission is taking students all over the country and all over the worlds to serve God. In Dallas, we'll be helping in homeless shelters and soup kitchens, volunteering at church plants in apartment complexes, and helping with (*gasp*) Vacation Bible Schools. :D Fingers crossed I get accepted for the trip, and that I can get the funds up.
Dance Camp. Second thing on the brain. Nope, not the camp I went to last year. That part's already settled. Me, Joy, Corinne, and a few others from the group at church are definitely going.
The un-settled part is this new . . . thing . . . that the pastor wants to do. He wants our church to have a dance camp for our area, and he wants us (Me, Joy, my parents, and the dance group's adult mentor) to figure it out. And the adult mentor wants me to do it, with Joy's help. And I'm like, "Come again? Whadjya say? 'Cause I don't think I heard ya right."
I mean, my super-dancer extraordinaire aunt puts on a dance camp every summer, and it takes all she has to pull it off. True, ours would be considerably smaller scale, but, um, yeah.
But, anyway, that's DEFINITELY!!! not a definite yet, so I'm trying to put it out of my mind, and, for that matter, not tell anybody about it. Oops. (Good thing nobody reads my blog!)

Other thing (and this is slight), is the band Red. Yes, thaaat Red. The band I'd love to hate, and kind of really hate that I love. Stephen had the bright idea ('cause him and Andrew are all tight and stuff now) to lend all his Red cds to my little brother to download them onto our computer. There's so much it won't even all fit on my iPod. This=Ella's brain is broket.

Oh, yeah, and Friday starts the Screnzy. That's right, folks, Script Frenzy '11 starts This Friday!! But then, that's really not that big a deal.
What is a big deal is that Mom and Dad are going out of town for the weekend, and dropping us at Nana and Papaw's Friday around noon. I therefore have to get my three-ish pages done before we leave, since it's my turn to go first this year. I will then pass the torch to Joy, who will write on day two, and so on.

And now I'd best be going. Andrew wants the computer. Probably to listen to/work on playing some of aforementioned new music. Yay.
Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment