Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Carnival AND A Realization

With popcorn and snow cones and hot dogs and bounce house and soccer cage and bean bag toss and children running around everywhere, sugar coursing through their veins.
A carnival we put on for the residents at one of the apartment complexes last night.
My first real carnival with the little mission where I work.
Carnivals are crazy. Like, really crazy.
But we had a fabulous time.
I worked the bounce house, which was a constant stream of "three more minutes," and, "take your shoes off!" and, "be careful of the little kids," and, "wait your turn." But it was also a chance to talk to and get to know just about every child that was in attendance, and hang out and spend time with some I've known for a long time but rarely get to see anymore. It was fun, and I get to do it two more times. We have two more carnivals at two more places, the last of which is the place where I do Bible study: of course I'm most excited for that one. The residents at my little place, I'm positive, will come out en masse and have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment