Monday, April 19, 2010

Pointless Ramblings

Wowwwww, it's been tooooo long. I'm a bad person, I know.
But I can' t think of anything to write about!
This past month has been life as usual, almost to the point of being laughable. Like, overly-dramatized going according to plan. Which gives me the sneaking suspicion that something is about to bust wiiiiiide open.
But as my life is going about it's merry way, it gives me a chance to sit back and admire. And when I do, I just get this bizarre feeling of 'who am I?' How could God possibly see fit to put me here? I'm nobody!
Sometimes, I'm almost scared somebody's going to start laughing at me. Like, when I tell somebody that I'm Joy Marie's best friend, they'd react about the same way they would if I told them I was really the President of the United States. Or being able to list Corinne, Isabel, Haley, and Stephen among the people I call 'friend' would be like saying I'm related to Brad Pitt (or somebody equally famous. I don't keep up with this stuff.)
"You? You work with kids?? Yeah right!"
"You? Worship dance? For Him? Yeah, just keep telling yourself that."
"You? You're friends with THEM? Ha!"
Or maybe even "You? You go to Abundant Hope Baptist Church? Okay, honey, thats nice. Now, if you'll just come with me, I'm going to take you to a nice place where these nice men in white coats are going to give you this nice jacket that lets you hug yourself, okay sweetie?"
But then I remember, 'Oh yeah! Sometimes that's how God likes to work. He uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise.'
Well, I don't know about confounding any wise people, but it sure does confound me! But, even though I understand it, I can't even begin to thank Him enough! My God is an awesome God, and I'm am so psyched with His plans for me.
But anyway, after taking such a serious turn, ummm, yeah. This week is Nothing Special. Possibly a trip to the beach at some point, and definitely getting out of the house tomorrow. Grandma and Pawpaw are having their 'cousins' over for a powwow. And not that that doesn't sound like fun, but you know extended relatives. We won't be home tomorrow.
OH! I'll find out this week if I won the poetry contest or not. The public library puts on a teen poetry contest every year, and this year me and Joy both entered. So I should find out sometime this week. Hey, maybe I'll post my entry!
But for now I've gotta go. You have a fabulous day!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm lovin' the whole powwow thing.
    And trust me, Joy feels the EXACT same way sometimes!
    Lylas!

    ReplyDelete